January 21, 2022 — The UK High Court will deliver its decision on Monday, January 24th, at 10:45am London time as to whether to permit Julian Assange to appeal the U.S. extradition decision to the UK Supreme Court on points of law of general public importance. Julian Assange’s fiancée Stella Moris will be there to give a statement.
The judgment will either:
- Certify that the point(s) of law raised by Julian Assange are of general public importance–thus giving him permission to lodge an application with the UK Supreme Court; or
- Deny such certification, in which case the extradition order will pass to UK Home Secretary Priti Patel to authorize or deny Mr. Assange’s extradition.
The judgment will be read out at 10:45am London time at:
Royal Courts of Justice
- Evening Standard | Julian Assange’s lawyers begin process for Supreme Court Appeal
- Assange Defense | Stella Moris statement on Julian Assange’s Supreme Court appeal
- Daily Mail | Julian Assange’s fiancee says she wants to wed the Wikileaks founder behind bars this year as he spends his 1,000th day in jail