If the Biden Administration persists in demanding Julian Assange’s removal from Great Britain to the United States, investigative journalism as we know it will be in mortal danger.
Future administrations will claim a legal basis to extradite any journalist, anywhere in the world – whether they’re American citizens or not – setting a precedent for authoritarian governments around the world.
- Amy Goodman, host of Democracy Now!, and one of America’s and the world’s leading advocates for press freedom
- Marjorie Cohn, Advisory Board Member for both PDA and the Assange Defense Committee, also the former President of the National Lawyers Guild
- Jody Armour, USC Law Professor
- Nathan Fuller, Director of Assange Defense
- Alan Minsky, Moderator, Executive Director of Progressive Democrats of America