January 18, 2022
‘The Julian Assange Case‘ discusses the charges against Assange. Does he pose a threat to global security or a victim of political persecution?
This is the second event in a 3-part series of events under the banner Journalism in the Firing Line. We explore the ways in which journalism and democratic values are being threatened by powerful interests.
- John Rees, Journalist, political activist, academic
In conversation with:
- Stella Moris, Wikileaks legal team & fiancée of Julian Assange
- John McDonnell, Labour MP, campaigner for Julian
- Tim Dawson, Chair of the International Federation of Journalists’ expert group on Surveillance and Former NUJ President
- Dr Deepa Govindarajan Driver, Legal observer, trade unionist and academic